WELCOME

Welcome to my blog. I started this blog to share with the public the joy of my creations. I hope more people will join me on this journey. Bonsai is a very peaceful and rewarding passtime, hobby, craft or art. Make your choice. You can contact me at newzealandteatreebonsai@gmail.com.
Enjoy and Cheers.
CJ

Saturday, June 9, 2012

11th ASPAC Convention And Exhibition

In Nov 2011, I attended the 11th Asia-Pacific Bonsai n Suiseki Convention & Exhibition in Takamatsu, Shikoku Island. It was an enjoyable 4 days event. There are bonsai and suiseki demonstrations and talks by the leading experts from Japan. Exhibitions and other festivities like tours to gardens and bonsai production areas. With over 50 bonsai farms producing fantastic materials and quality bonsai, Takamatsu rightfully claimed to be the top bonsai production area in Japan and thus the world. Of course the sales area got plenty of attention. No where else do u get such a wide range of bonsai, bonsai stocks, tools and utensils on sale. As usual I ended up buying more than my needs and paying for excess lugages. It was such a pity that I cannot buy any of the wonderful materials which were reasonably priced as West Australian quarantine is very strict. Close to a thousand people from all over the world attended. About half from Mainland China. Nice to catch up with old friends and acquaintances and made new ones. Here are some photos of the event. CJ.

Opening Ceremony.



Exhibition Trees.


Sales Area n Trees.
























Lots of buzzes were created by the sale of this tree priced at Yen 100 million which is about A$1.3 million at current exchange rate.























Bonsai farm.