WELCOME

Welcome to my blog. I started this blog to share with the public the joy of my creations. I hope more people will join me on this journey. Bonsai is a very peaceful and rewarding passtime, hobby, craft or art. Make your choice. You can contact me at newzealandteatreebonsai@gmail.com.
Enjoy and Cheers.
CJ

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Camelia Japonica in bloom

I dug this Camelia from a house under demolation in the North of Perth in 2001. I still remember the day the demolition contractor called me. I have this agreement with him whereby I will bring a carton of beer for his workers for every site he recommended to me. He was so excited and insisted that I must come to see the site he was working on. I rushed to the site and wow ! A garden full of some fantastic trees and plants. This is one of the smallest tree I dug from this site. I was told the trees were planted when the house was build about 50 years ago. So biologically this Camelia is about 60 years old. I potted it into this Chinese pot 2 years ago. I know this tree deserves a much better pot. I am still looking for one. I may eventually have to make one myself.