WELCOME

Welcome to my blog. I started this blog to share with the public the joy of my creations. I hope more people will join me on this journey. Bonsai is a very peaceful and rewarding passtime, hobby, craft or art. Make your choice. You can contact me at newzealandteatreebonsai@gmail.com.
Enjoy and Cheers.
CJ

Sunday, November 7, 2010

My First Wild Olive Bonsai






This is my first wild olive bonsai. It was given to me in August 2001 by a friend. The first picture is a graphic representation of it. My friend dug this wild olive from a farm in Brunswick, to the South of Perth. For two years nothing happen. My friend thought it was dead and almost threw it away until he was advised to give it a little more time. For some strange reason, the olive started to grow.
I cut off the base and the top three trunks along the dark line. It grew very well and by Sept 2002 which is only 13 months later, the bonsai was shaping up nicely. In 2007, I repotted it into a Japanese pot.